Monday, August 19, 2013

What Do You Work For When You Clock In?

So we are going to step away from the funny blogs just for a day and focus on the important things that can get lost in the shuffle as you and your partner are dealing with a new addition to the family. At the end of the day you still have to make time for your partner and show them that you still love them.

People want different things from the company they work for. I used to want to be recognized for the great things I did while clocked in. Now that I have worked in sales for 6 years it is no longer that awesome when I'm at the register processing a big order. Don't get me wrong it is still nice to get some constructive feedback on where I am and where the leadership wants me but I don't need pats on the back anymore from the bosses.

My pat on the back comes when I have enough money in the bank account to spoil my wife and baby. Not always because I spend money on things for them, it can also be as simple as there is more than enough money to pay bills so I don't have to work as hard which means I can spend more time at home with them just playing around the house.

I used to earn money so that I could go out with friends, but having a family changes that. I would press repeat on my life over and over again and I wouldn't change a thing because everything that has happened in my life has led me up to this moment.

So what are you really working for when you clock in at work?

No comments:

Post a Comment